LATEST WORLD VIDEOS: Blake Griffin s Slam dunk - FULL VIDEO

Monday, November 22, 2010

Blake Griffin s Slam dunk - FULL VIDEO


The NBA ruled Tuesday it would neither fine nor suspend Harris for tackling Griffin in the open court, meaning the Nets' leader is available for Wednesday night's matchup against Deron Williams and the Utah Jazz.
"It's a load off me," coach Avery Johnson said. "Tonight, instead of sleeping five hours, I may sleep six."
A day after admitting the flagrant-2 was deserved, Harris shrugged off the league's ruling - "I didn't follow through (with my arms)," he said.
The point guard seemed more concerned with facing Williams.
"I have my hands full," Harris said.
But Johnson spoke with Harris about the foul. Johnson said it wasn't a scolding, just a lecture on the right and wrong ways to prevent a layup. It's been an issue all season for the Nets, who have struggled to find a middle ground between conceding open layups and committing flagrant fouls.
"I want hard, legal fouls," Johnson said. "If it's a hard foul where the guy went to the deck, maybe we're there to help him back up, and it's legal, it's not a flagrant, then he goes and shoots two free throws. That's what I want."
Harris was called for a similarly ugly foul last season against Cleveland's Jamario Moon, who was clothes-lined in midair by the Nets point guard on a breakaway. That flagrant-2 prompted a brief skirmish involving LeBron James and Shaquille O'Neal.





No comments:

Post a Comment